Skip to main content

Kevin's Panels in Tremendousness

Welcome again, dear readers. Join me as we celebrate another entry into my Panels in Tremendousness. We have a real treat this time. You've come here before, so you know the deal. If not, here's the deal because I should know better than to assume things. I'm going to show a panel that is completely out of context, but on it's face it's pretty funny. If you DON'T find it funny, then why are we even friends!?! Sorry, I digress. This gem is from Marvel Team-Up #110.

The only reason I wear glasses is because my perceptions have been dazzled ONE TOO MANY TIMES!
Look, comic books in the seventies/eighties had a real penchant for goofy dialogue combined with stating the obvious. In case you couldn't tell, Dazzler is the one shooting the light beams. You know how I know? Not because I own and read the comic smart ass. It's because I speak Marvel. The bad guys specific choice of words key you in. How many times have YOU talked about having your perceptions dazzled? By the DAZZLER!? Never! So maybe you don't know what these guys are going through.

However, let's address how even in a comic book, what a weird thing to say. I guess, "Ahhh! My eyes!" was too low brow. The writers felt they needed to spice it up a bit.

Also, there is an important life lesson here folks. Find you someone who dazzles your perceptions every time you walk into a room. That's why I married my wife. (I really hope she saw that. Otherwise I am wasting some of my best lines in front of people.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zack Snyder's Justice League

The moment has come that some had clamored for. The moment I never wanted to see happen. Let me start by saying this. I don't like that this exists because it validates all the toxic fan boys, angry over how Justice League turned out, who cried out for the Snyder's original vision of his movie. I hate that public pressure made this happen. If only people like this would use their power for good. How about more representation? How about better story telling? No, give me that thing that I don't have because I'm going to bully you for it. I love comics, but the community surrounding them can be very toxic and I hate that. I feel like this movie is the manifestation of that. Clearly I have a lot of feelings before even coming into this movie. I will try to be as objective as possible, but remember, these are my opinions and I will feel what I feel. To prep me, I took the crazy step of re-watching the theatrical release of this movie first, so I can have something to compare...

The Inevitable Best and Worst List of 2024 - Part II

Let's carry on with Part II of my year in review. Now we get on to favorite writers, mini-series, events and favorite series and whatevers. Favorite Writer of 2024 Bryan Hill (Blade, Blade: Red Band, Ultimate Black Panther) - I can't put my finger on it, but I think it's because I didn't expect to enjoy these Blade series as much as I did and that is a tribute to the writing. Truthfully, what do we REALLY know about Blade outside of his movies. He's a blank canvas for anyone to write on and I'm glad he's getting a little more love this year. Yes, he was also involved in that Bloodhunt Event you'll hear me mention below, but Bryan Hill wasn't writing that. The most important piece of work this year though, is his Ultimate Black Panther run. I railed in the past about who I think I should write the character, but with this book he has changed my mind. With the Ultimate Universe, it allows him to be free and not be constrained by 40 years of continuity....

The Inevitable Best and Worst List of 2017

Well, I completely failed my resolution from last year's best of post. I said I would get this up sooner, but instead it took me longer. Life goals people. You need to have them.  Anyways, 2017 is gone and in the books. DC continued it’s resurgence and Marvel has begun to flounder. My books still skew towards the Marvel side, but that is supplemented with DC and Independent books, so I am still getting my variety. The volume of books I buy have certainly gone up since Marvel and DC have become obsessed with the double shipping of most of their titles. On the DC side, it isn’t as bad since most of their books are $2.99. Marvel on the other hand wants to stick to their $3.99 cover price and I can’t remember the last time they were below that number as an average. I'll have a full rant about how I really feel about double shipping later in the year.  Without further ado, here is my review of 2017. Dearly Departed (The Comics I dropped this year) Before I get into...